If I had to list 5 things that I’m very thankful for, my sewing skills would definitely fall within the top 3. It’s a truly beautiful skill that has enabled me to build my wardrobe in a budget-friendly way, and also discover interesting angles to my personal style. The most rewarding aspect is being able to share this skill with other people.
The Nedoux Sewing Club is designed for individuals who wish to acquire valuable DIY sewing skills in a social setting, the learning outline is suitable for absolute beginners.
At the October 2016 workshop, each participant would be assigned to an electric sewing machine and would successfully sew a pretty dress.
Date: Saturday, 15 October 2016
Time: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Venue: Somewhere cosy on Victoria Island, Lagos
Program: Participants will be taught the following:
1) Fundamentals of the dressmaking process.
2) How to use a sewing machine.
3) The construction process of five garments: A shift dress, An off-shoulder dress, A pleated skirt, A gathered skirt, and A blouse.
4) Seam and Hem finishing techniques.
5) Using a sewing machine, each participant will sew either a shift dress (with an optional peplum hem) or an off-shoulder dress.
All of the sewing supplies will be provided, refreshments will also be served. For more information, please send an email to email@example.com.